5 Steps For a Better Blowout
The Blowout Bar trend is here to say and the desire for great finishing has never been greater in salon. Sometimes our skills can get a little rusty…so here’s some tips to give your clients the best blowout EVER:
- Always start with clean hair with the REDAVID shampoo and conditioner appropriate for the condition of their hair.
- Apply an appropriate styling product to damp hair. If their hair is fine use REDAVID Volumizer. If the hair is course or wavy, use a curl cream, such as REDAVID Orchid Oil Curl Defining Crème.
- Focus on the hairline. Use a round brush, and take your time. Concentrate on this area, because that’s what people will see first.
- Dry hair in 1 to 2-inch sections. This is the most important step and one often skipped. Remember to always point the dryer nozzle down from root to tip, to ensure a silkier style.
- Flat iron to finish. Again, separate hair into 2-inch sections. Make sure you start close to the scalp.